Earth Day 2019
Today is Earth Day – April 22, 2019
Day#110/365 Daily Tips. My tip for you today is to watch for significant daily events and use these in your social media content calendar. I know I’ve probably touched on this before as I am a big fan of “Daily” celebrations. But today is a very significant day as it is celebrated Worldwide and is on such an important topic that affects us all.
I was recently at Super Burger, which is located in Primrose Ontario sort of between Shelburne and Orangeville. A local favourite for sure and a travel stop destination. I was sooo impressed by this:
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22. Worldwide, various events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day now includes events in more than 193 countries, which are coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network. – Wikipedia
Here is the official Earth Day Website where you can explore the history of Earth Day and all of the various worldwide initiatives to help clean up our planet.
This years theme is “Protect our Species”
“In nature, nothing exists alone.”
— Rachel Carson, 1962
HOW TO — USE YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA TO PARTICIPATE IN EARTH DAY
Every little ounce of awareness helps spread the message of the importance of this day. How you can use your social media channels to participate in Earth Day:
- Change your social media covers to an Earth Day theme
- Post across your channels about Earth Day, perhaps share a way that you are trying to be more environmentally friendly
- Use hashtags for the day: today #EarthDay and #EarthDay2019 are trending in #1 and #2 spots according to Tweeplers
- Encourage others to share about Earth Day
- Encourage others to take action to help save our planet
- Ask you audience how they are participating in Earth Day.
How are you planning on helping celebrate Earth Day today? Leave a comment below!