How Does Social Media Fit into a Sales Funnel
How Social Media Fits into a Sales Funnel
Day#119/365. Article #6/8 in the Marketing Funnel Series
The answer should be obvious – Social Media fits into every aspect of a sales / purchase / or marketing funnel.
Here’s how social media networks might serve all of the 5 stages of sales funnels.
- Awareness – Someone likes your business page when their friend (who is your existing follower) shared one of your blog posts.
- Familiarity – Engaging with your social media updates or commenting on blog posts.
- Consideration – Tagging you and asking questions about your product during a live Q & A.
- Purchase – Clicking on your product ads and buy buttons to complete their first purchase.
- Loyalty – Continuing engagement with your brand on your Twitter handle. Getting any technical issues related to your product fixed, by sending you a message on social media.
In his list he is using some broad examples – but I hope you see his point. There is value in claiming, optimizing, and using social media on a consistent basis to reach your goals, including maximizing your sales funnel (s).
In his article he also references the following point:
Kevan Lee shares that Buffer has experimented with numerous variations of a social media strategy that are in the middle and bottom of sales funnels. He feels that social media shouldn’t be counted on to be just ONE specific element in the digital marketing funnel.
Rather, he suggests that we view social media as having its spectrum where a user does all the activities ranging from brand awareness to loyalty.
See how every impression, click, retweet, mention, share, comment – every single ACTION that occurs on your social media channels is a part of your “digital marketing funnel”
So when creating a strategy for your business that includes a specific marketing funnel you will be even more successful if you consider all aspects of how social media can play a part in your funnel.