November 26th Cyber Monday
Good Morning Friends!
Today is Monday November 26th –
The term “Cyber Monday” was created by marketing companies to encourage people to shop online. The term was coined by Ellen Davis and Scott Silverman, and made its debut on November 28, 2005 in a Shop.org press release entitled “‘Cyber Monday‘ Quickly Becoming One of the Biggest Online Shopping Days of the Year”.
For a business with an online store this is an incredible opportunity to join in the shopping FRENZY and give a huge boost to your SALES $$$
Here are some marketing ideas and tips to help you boost your business on Cyber Monday:
- Have a sale each hour
- Make sure your website and online store are ready – check website speed and mobile compatibility for the shopping experience
- Offer a free trial, free sample, or free gift with purchase
- Create a Cyber Monday exclusive sale – one day only
- Post your sales on all of your social media channels
- Email marketing – use your email database to notify them of your sales
- Add a pop up sale window to your website
- Change your social media cover photos for cyber monday
Stay tuned for tomorrow – it is Giving Tuesday. That day is much closer to my heart.
Quote of the day:
Always deliver more than expected – Larry Page, co-founder of Google