Social Media Tip – Make Your Content More Human
Day 17 / 365 Tip of the day:
Social Media Tip – Make your Content More Human
Think about how many million social media posts are pushed out to platforms each day by brands and businesses. How can you make your content more engaging? How can you stay on the top of a users memory? One of the trends in 2019 everyone is talking about (including Mark Zuckerburg) is to bring the “social” back into Social Media. Be more HUMAN.
Post less of the same old “sales” type posts and more content that actually encourages human interaction.
How Can you Humanize Your Social Media Content: (List of Ideas)
- Use more real images of yourself, your staff, your office, even your pets!
- Ask questions of your audience
- Share Video!
- Use more emojis
- Tag people, and other businesses
- Post behind the scenes photos
- Feature customer reviews & testimonials
- Welcome new clients
- Post memes or gifs
- Be funny – post cartoons or funny images
- Throw Back Thursday Posts #TBT use an old image of you or something in your business
- Post a staff member or team member each month “meet the team!”
- Use National Days in your Marketing Calendar
- Use “what is this a picture of” (image scrambles)
- Ask for customer feedback
If one of your goals on Social Media is to increase engagement and continue to grow your audience it is ever more important to have an excellent content strategy. We generally suggest using the 30/30/30 rule where 30% of your content is “sales”. Obviously we are all in this to generate some sales and to educate our audience what we do and what we are selling.
30% of the content we suggest be informative. “how to” “did you know” useful articles, etc.
and 30% of the content to be SOCIAL. This is the section I encourage you to really think about sharing content that will make you look more Human.
Have a great day!