What is DA Domain Authority and how is it relevant to your Website?
Day #34 / 365 Daily Digital Marketing Tips! Today I am exploring more topics that are SEO Related. I have been expanding my knowledge of Search Engine Optimization recently as we have started offering this as a service at Dufferin Media, and though my Team might know more about this than I do I’m working on learning ….. always learning!
So in SEO terms “DA” means Domain Authority.
Domain Authority (DA) is a search engine ranking score developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on search engine result pages (SERPs). …Domain Authority is calculated by evaluating multiple factors, including linking root domains and number of total links, into a single DA score.
A Domain Authority score ranges from one to 100, with higher scores corresponding to a greater ability to rank.
How does this affect your website? Well if you know what your DA is then you can start working on steps to improve your DA score. Knowledge really is very powerful in SEO. If you have a higher DA that will lead to your website being shown in more search results and getting more traffic from search engines.
What Affects your DA Number? (from SEOpressor.com)
- Social signals, such as the number of Google+1’s, Facebook Likes, Twitter Retweets or LinkedIn Shares a page has received.
- The number of root domains linking to the page.
- The number of root domains linking to the page using partial match anchor text.
- The number of subdomains that link to the page.
- The number of quality websites linking to the page.
- The number of external links a page has.
they also discuss the loading speed of your website pages, and if your website is mobile friendly as being a considering factor in your DA number.
As a Small Business How Can I Improve My SEO?
I think the easiest things to work on for a small business owner or blogger are items such as : external links – submit your business to local & business directories.
- External Links – submit your business to local and other business directories
- Ask for guest blog posts / exchange blog posts
- Make sure your website has an SSL certificate
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly
- Make sure your website is easy to navigate (something I am trying to improve on my own blog)
- Use social sharing signals on your pages.
I do NOT consider myself an expert by any means in SEO but I am quickly learning. If you have any questions at all please never hesitate to reach out. Thanks, Sarah