I don’t know about you but to me, September always feels like more than just the beginning of a new month. The weather is starting to cool down, the kids are heading back to school, all of the businesses start to gear up for their busy months. There is this renewed sense of energy in the air.
I love the renewed energy I feel after some down time in the summer, and now I’m ready to just “give er” and tackle the fall and make an updated list of goals and strategy for the coming months. LOOK OUT WORLD!!
September is a great time to also just make sure you have all of your ducks in a row so to speak for your fall marketing, and it’s not too early to have your Christmas marketing plan ready. I’m also starting to work on my 2020 Marketing plan for myself and some of my clients.
Fall Marketing Checklist:
- Make sure all of your social media profile pictures and cover photos are consistent. September is a great time to update to new cover photos – you can swap them out with a fall theme
- Make sure all of your social media bios are updated and consistent. Did anything change over the past few months that should be reflected in your bio or about sections?
- Do an audit of who you are following on social media, and remove any accounts that appear to be inactive or irrelevant.
- Write down your goals for the month of September and your goals for the rest of the year. Remember to make goals “SMART”
- Have a marketing plan month by month, week by week for the remainder of the year
- Start thinking about your 2020 marketing plan
- Review your website. Does it need any changes to services, hours, etc.
- Test your website forms, make sure you are receiving all incoming leads.
Taking some time and making sure that your Branding + Strategy & Implementation Plan are in place for the fall will set you up for success. The beginning of September is the perfect time to do this. If you have any questions at all please reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org or any of my social media channels.